Friday, February 01, 2008

The Travel Maven Strikes Again!

As many of you probably know, I love to travel and I love to plan trips that I can never take and trips that I may take someday and trips for other people. I also try to stay up to date with the lastest trends in hotels, airfare, etc. One of my dream jobs would be to write a travel help column as staff ombudsman for MSNBC or some such company. In today's search I stumbled on the website for the Propeller Island City Lodge in Berlin, Germany. It was actually listed as one of "10 hotels you wouldn't catch us dead staying in" on a website. But I, always up for an adventure, decided to check it out. And lo, behold, this is one of the coolest hotels I've ever seen or heard of in my life!

Each room at the Propeller Island City Lodge is unique. And boy oh boy do I mean UNIQUE! Take, for instance, one of my favorites, the "4 Beams" room:
You sleep hanging from four large ceiling rafters. The bed is suspended one and a half metres above the floor and you have to climb up a ladder to get to it. A favorite touch of mine is the chair directly underneath the massive bed. Now, I've always wanted to have a bed that hung from the ceiling. The people at this hotel have DONE IT! I am impressed.

But, that is not the only wacky room. They have everything from a room where all the walls are wacky mirrors to a room where the floor is the ceiling and you lift up trap doors to reveal your bed and chairs. If I am ever, ever, ever in Berlin, I shall be staying at least one night in this hotel.

And eating a jelly doughnut.

http://www.propeller-island.com/rooms_neu/room_detail/01/index.php

No comments: