Saturday, May 17, 2008

Notes from SPI...

Yay for South Padre Island! The sun is shining right now so I'm headed out to take some pictures of the beach soon. It feels so good to have the sand in my toes and the waves rocking my body! We've been here since Wednesday and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. Tomorrow we have to leave, though! Sad puppies.

Mom found a lovely 3 bedroom condo where we're staying - Scott & I have the biggest room but the smallest 2 person bed (although we can choose between 2 full-size beds...they are both full-size.) We've played much foosball, much Settlers of Catan, much Wii and much 42. Oh...and we've been playing in the waves every day. Today I discovered the amazing feeling that is bobbing just further out than where the waves break - you really feel the motion of the ocean!

Next week we're gonna get our BMW ready for the driving around. I still need to learn to operate the stick shift - so that's going to be fun! I'm looking forward to seeing both my Abilene friends and soon my Dallas friends and my Wichita Falls & Oklahoma family. Lots and lots of good times ahead, that's for sure!

I'll post pictures when we get back home - no camera connector here.

Cheers!

No comments: