Special thanks to Scott for pointing me towards this Praust Questionnaire. This is a Thing I Do When Bored. You may now share in the hopefully less than boring results.
What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
To let someone I love down
* Where would you like to live?
In a big, big house with all my family & friends! Barring that. Texas.
* What is your idea of earthly happiness?
A game night with all my family & friends, a delectible turtle chocolate cheesecake at my left hand, a Dr. Pepper at my right, Mom's lasagna wafting from the oven, cranberry jello salad available when I want it and veggies with french onion dip within reach. I likes the food! And the family and friends.
* To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
Uber-focussedness. I know several people who are really, really efficient, but they are also definite bears to deal with when they are being so efficient. I actually tend to like these people even when they're all focussed in and I like to help them because they always make you feel useful.
* Who are your favorite heroes of fiction?
Sam (Lord of the Rings), James Qwilleran ("The Cat Who..." series), Lord Peter Whimsey (Dorothy Sayers books), Ron Weasley (Harry Potter books), Grissom (CSI) Dr. Who (the Tom Baker Doctor & the latest Doctor) & Jean Tannen (Red Seas Under Red Skies).
* Who are your heroes in real life?
Scott Kemp, Scott Garbacz & Mike Holmes
* Who are your favorite heroes of history?
John Adams, C.S. Lewis & the authors of the Magna Carta
* Who are your favorite heroines of history?
Marie Curie, Elizabeth I, Mary Queen of Scots & Isabella of Spain
* Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
Linda Kemp, Ginger Garbacz, Christina Roberts & (don't laugh) Angelina Jolie
* Who are your favorite heroines of fiction? Alanna (of Tortall, who introduced me to the Strong Female Protagonist), Mary Russell (of the Mary Russell mysteries), Zifa (NCIS), Willow (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket) & Betty (of Ugly Betty).
* Your favorite painter?
* Your favorite musician?
the Killdares or Johnny Cash
* What is it you most dislike?
* What is it you most dislike in a woman?
* What is it you most dislike in a man?
* What is it you most dislike in a Christian?
Hypocrisy & denial
* What historical figures do you most despise?
Hitler & the people who followed him...especially those who took "initiative."
* The quality you most admire in a man?
* The quality you most admire in a woman?
* The quality you must admire in yourself?
* Your favorite virtue?
* Your favorite occupation?
* Your most marked characteristic?
my finger that looks like its burned but isn't.
* One thing that makes you very happy.
Spending time with my family & friends. Especially without hurrying.
* One thing that makes you sad.
* What do you most value in your friends?
Stick-to-it-ness & innovativity
* What is your principle defect?
lack of self-confidence
* What is your dream of happiness?
To have all the time in the world, not be worried about money & live with good friends, near family.
* What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
To have the ability to do good, but to turn away from it.
* What would you like to be?
* What are most afraid of?
* What is your favorite flower?
* What is your favorite bird?
* Who are your favorite prose writers?
For the prose? C.S. Lewis & Dorothy Sayers
* Who are your favorite poets?
Madeline L'Engle & Brian Jacques
* What are your favorite names? S
cott, Michael, Joeseph, Jade, Megan, Sarah & Elizabeth
* What event in military history do you most admire?
The persistence & loyalty of the British people when they thought they were losing the war.
* What reform do you most admire?
any Tax reform that makes things simpler without making them more expensive.
* What natural gift would you most like to possess?
athletic stamina & coordination
* How would you like to die?
Of old age, with my family, and at the same time as my husband.
* What is your present state of mind?
really annoyed at this buzzing sound that's going on and off at random in this office. No end in sight.
* What is your motto?
Live life like you mean it.
* What is your most-often used cuss word?
* What position do you sleep in?
on my side with a pillow between my knees and the wall to lean on.
* What is a recurring theme in your prayers?
Could Scott please get into the right school, preferably Notre Dame.
* What would you ask God if you had the chance to get an answer, straight from His lips, straightaway?
Where will I be living this next fall?
* How do you view Christianity today?
full of fallen, hopeless people who need the Jesus they think they have.
* How do you view art inside the Christian realm today?
few & far between