Well, I don't expect to write during any other time today but right now (before I go to work) because when I get home from work I'll almost certainly be too tired and Scott will probably be on the computer. So now is the time to say what's on my mind.
I really, really wish I knew where we were going to be this next fall. We got our first letter from a school yesterday - a "no" from Wisconsin-Madison. Which is too bad because it would have been fun to live in the same town as Rachel. But then I understand that driving in Madison in winter is no fun. So I guess that's a plus. And they had a good library-science program, but it was expensive so I'd probably have waited until I'd lived the mandatory year or whatever to become a Wisconsin resident so it wouldn't be so bad.
Anyways, hearing back from only one school and a "no" at that is not the greatest. I know that I'm not supposed to get all anticipatory about hearing from schools yet - we shouldn't be really, not until March. But I just wish March would hurry up and get here and my life could be settled.
One reason I wish this is church - our church is really awesome and really going places. It is so exciting to hear how God is working in our church and through his people. I really kinda want to get involved! But if I end up leaving in August or June or something...then I leave a big blank place and in a church this small, that's not a good thing - probably more trouble than my helping would be help. I've talked with the pastor about it and he agrees with me - (at least I think he does...he was a little distracted at the time...but is usually able to carry on multiple conversations at a time, being a former lawyer and all that). So I wait. And pray. Perhaps this is what God is teaching me? Have patience?
Possible. Very possible.