Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ominous Hummmmm

I'm really, really, really starting to see a distinct bad thing in temping. Today I turned down a peach of a job for 2 reasons - 1) It was a 1 day job and 2) I was tired. Now, having spent some time in repose, attempting to not berate myself for avoiding this opportunity, I have come to a very telling realization about myself and temping.

You see - my father, who is a very wise man, once told me that many, many people slog their way through their days to pay the bills with jobs they hate - but that it is a very valuable thing to have a job you like, and worth much more than you might think. And he is right. The funny thing is, it took me this long to realize that I hate temping. Why? Because I don't hate the individual positions - that's why. Because I like the people I work for and the work I do. What I hate is the lack of regularity. I am a planner. But I cannot plan my days around my work. It irks me to no end!

So, I am left with a sinking sensation. And, unfortunately, no one but this here blog to talk to about it. Scott is off at class and my mom is teaching her class right now. I'm not sure if I feel better posting this or not - but just getting it out in sentences is helping. But, what am I to do?! I think I shall have to research the feasibility of that position for the ACU company after all. A steady job would probably be worth 1.5 hours commute each way. Probably. And, who knows, it might not be so long a journey. I know! I shall call the TTC! Hurrah for the ability to call the TTC!

With a plan of action comes a slightly lighter heart. Here's hoping.

No comments: