Saturday, February 23, 2008

Back!

Well, some of ya'll have probably been wondering what's been going on these last 2 weeks. Because the blogging, it hasn't been happening so much! Well, the answer for that is really pretty simple - I've been really busy. But then it gets complicated. See - during last week (not the week that is currently ending, but the one BEFORE it, which contained the official Valentine's day) - I was a little stumped as to what to write about. Not because I didn't have stuff to write about but because all the big things that were going on in my life were wrapped around a SECRET.

That secret was that Scott & I were headed down to Texas on Friday. Scott's brother got married on Saturday - and we were there! It was so odd - to be down in familiar territory without months and months of anticipation. I barely had 2 weeks to plan! But, in those two weeks, not only did I figure out all the wonderful things I could do on Friday, Saturday & Sunday with the Garbaczes, I also planned a surprise for my own family.

With the help of my clever Dad I managed to drive down to Abilene, knock on the front door and surprise a 7 second long scream out of my mother! It was truly awesome. Both she & MaryLynn had no clue whatsoever that we were coming down. We spent all day Monday and most of Tuesday together - and we had a blast! We played Settlers of Catan (for which we bought the expansion pack in the US...much less expensive than buying it here in Canada!) and we ate fried chicken. Mom made my favorite jello salad and it was tasty tasty! Then, all too soon, we had to drive back to Wichita Falls and then to Dallas in the morning with Ginger. A completely uneventful flight later - we were back in Toronto! Crazy times, no? If the trip sounds short - it WAS - and yet we did so much in those 5 days. I wouldn't take it back for the world.

So, to top off the whirly windness of the week - when I got home I had a message from my agency - and I had employment on both Thursday & Friday. Good for the bank account - but as the employment didn't allow blogging (there was time, the sites were just blocked) I was unable to fill ya'll in on my doings of the week.

So, there's the answer to why haven't I been blogging for the last 1.5 weeks. I have been very, very busy! But now, hopefully, things shall settle down a little and I shall return to my blogging ways.

No comments: