Monday, January 07, 2008

No Snow Today

In all honesty, I'm not quite sure exactly why I'm starting this blog. Except that, about 2 or 3 times a week, I find myself saying "If I had a blog, I'd write a post about that." I suppose now we'll see if I was merely musing idly or sincerely had something to say.

My brother turns 21 this week. Which, if we were in the same town, would mean that Scott & I would have to break out the Esoteric Alcohol of Educated Taste, and attempt to preserve him from the dreary life that is mass marketed beer...and the almost as dreary life that is mass marketed ale. As it is, I think he'll be abstaining anyways, as he's on meds due to a recent surgery.

It is quite calming to sit here, typing, and listen to my terrific husband read aloud his Chaucer, which, being in Middle English, goes in and out of understandable...as I'm not paying attention. But, it's very pretty. Not as pretty as Italian or anything...but slightly more understandable for one who speaks not the language and special in it's own way.

No comments: