Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Today I worked with my computer...

And I finally got all the pictures off of both my old hard drives. I feel completely satisfied that I have them all. Now the only question is - do I keep the computer as a regular Windows boot comp or do I wipe all and restart with Fedora or some such? Decisions, decisions!

But, it is GOOD to think about having my own desk and such again. I wonder what this will mean come fall...will I slowly use the Mac less? I hope not. I love our Mac. Will probably do the Linux thing, then...just to be "different."

1 comment:

Doing Better Than I Deserve said...

For older (less powerful) hardware I am recommending Puppy Linux 4.0

It takes a little more effort to install, but I like the results.


If the hardware is new enough, then I would change that recommendation to OpenSuSE Linux 11.0