Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Least Favorite & Most Favorite...chore?!

Okay, so occasionally I go over to my LiveJournal and one of their "Writer's Block" tips really catches my interest. Such happens today. The prompt was: What is your least favorite chore?

So, what is my least favorite chore? Cleaning the bathroom. Funnily enough, this is not because I really mind the gunk & dirt...when you grow up on a quasi-farm, you get used to nasty dirt and know how to deal with it. No, it's really the big, gigantic process. Bathroom cleaning, unlike other cleaning, requires you to get out paraphenalia. You need special scrubbers, special disinfectants, special everything! Plus, you have to section off a big block of time. Because no bathroom cleaning task is short. You're scrubbing a toilet or a bathtub or shower or mopping the floor...no short tasks there.

This year, it is made even more difficult by the fact that my bathroom is TINY. I mean, literally, there is barely a place to stand...which makes the prospect of trying to manuever a mop around the floor rather daunting.

I wish I was better at this. I really do. But at the end of a long week of indeterminite work and frustrating lack of acceptance letters, the last thing I want to do is spend an afternoon in a 2x3 box filled with cleaning fumes.

On the other end of the spectrum is my most favorite chore. I love to chop vegetables. This has shown forth in our preferred eatings as I tend to favor stir fries & pastas...things that let me chop, chop, chop away. I chop in front of the TV, watching Holmes on Homes or Star Trek: Voyager. Life is good.

And now. . . . .you know.

No comments: